What About Someone Who Walks Away From the Faith?
YOU ASKED FOR IT
- Can a person lose his/her salvation?
- What is the “unforgiveable sin”?
- Was the person ever a true Christian in the first place?
- How secure is our salvation?
- If a person “opts in” the Christian faith, can they “opt out”?
- Will they have time to repent & confess before they die?
Review of “The Big Story” of the Bible:
- Creation: how things began; our origins
- Fall: why this world has gone wrong
- Redemption: the solution (how God fixed it, through Jesus Christ)
- Restoration: what the world will look like once God’s repair fully takes place
Stark truth from Hebrews:
“How shall we escape if we ignore so great a salvation?” Hebrews 2:3
“Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts” Hebrews 3:7
“Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another” Hebrews 10:24
“If we deliberately keep on sinning, after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left…” Hebrews 10:26
GOOD NEWS: There is always still hope for the one who strays…
- Luke 15—Parable of the Prodigal Son
More in You Asked For It!
February 11, 2018Why Do God And Christians Seem To Make Such A Big Deal About Sex?
February 4, 2018"If There Is Only One Church, Why Are There So Many Denominations?"
January 21, 2018Why Is There Suffering?