Why Is There Suffering?
Why is There Suffering?
- The Reality of Suffering in Life and in our Faith
- “He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain…” – Isaiah 53:3a
- Human Objections, Christian Responses
- Free Will, Fallen World
- Can Suffering Serve a Purpose?
- Transcending Suffering
- Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?...No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. – Romans 8:35,37-39
- Early Church Martyrs: Letter to the Romans by Ignatius & The Passion of Perpetua
Take Away: The problem of suffering finds its answer exclusively in the love of the God who suffered with us on earth. The agonies of this world will not endure in eternity, but while they remain, the surpassing love of Jesus Christ has given us a path to work in them an everlasting good.
More in You Asked For It!
February 11, 2018Why Do God And Christians Seem To Make Such A Big Deal About Sex?
February 4, 2018"If There Is Only One Church, Why Are There So Many Denominations?"
January 28, 2018What About Someone Who Walks Away From the Faith?