Partakers of the Divine Nature
Scripture: 2 Peter 1:3–1:4
Title: Partaker’s of the Divine Nature
Key Verse: 2 Peter 1:3-4
His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.
"Yea, I say, the Word of God became a man so that you might learn from a man how to become a god." - Clement of Alexandria (c. 150–215)
- God meets us…and takes us with him when he goes
- Incarnation, Resurrection and Ascension – How God lifted us up
- Sacred Trajectory: shooting past the stars
- 2 Corinthians 3:18 And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.
- Hebrews 2:5-6 For it was not to angels that God subjected the worldto come, of which we are speaking. It has been testified somewhere, “What is man, that you are mindful of him,or the son of man, that you care for him? You made him for a little while lower than the angels;you have crowned him with glory and honor,putting everything in subjection under his feet.”
- Divine Splendor
- The Transfiguration of Christ
- Examples of glory in the Early Church martyrs
- Beauty and the Beatific Vision