A Praying and Generous Church
Topic: Generosity Scripture: Acts 4:23–4:36
On Fire Series: #6 of 7
“A Praying And Generous Church”
Peter and John, now out of jail:
How the early church prayed:
1) They praised God
2) They told God their specific problem
3) They asked for God’s help—2 requests:
A. Grant your servants boldness in preaching your Word
B. May miraculous signs & wonders be done in Jesus’ name
1) They were one in heart and mind = UNITY!
2) They were generous in sharing their resources
A. Giving was voluntary.
B. Giving was not a requirement to be part of the church.
C. Giving did not involve all property.
1) When a problem arises, p______ f_________.
2) When a church has a need and is growing, b____ g_____________.