The Marriage Mystery
May 30, 2010 Series: The Book of Ephesians: True Love
Topic: Relationships Scripture: Ephesians 5:21–5:33
The Book of Ephesians: True Love
THE MARRIAGE MYSTERY
God’s design for marriage:
Submission is something for the husband and the wife to do.
Marriage includes sorting through challenges together:
no storehouses, no wrong outlets, no bad leaks.
Wives (Ephesians 5:22-24):
1)Choose your spouse carefully.
2) Know what submission is and isn’t.
3) Your husband needs your respect.
4) Renew your commitment to purity.
Husbands (Ephesians 5:25-30):
1) Sacrifice your selfishness.
2) Bring spiritual food into the house.
3) Your wife needs you to pursue her.
4) Be the first one to apologize.
In marriage, escape parental control and guard your unity. (Ephesians 5:31)
Does your marriage draw people to Jesus?(Ephesians 5:32-33)